Teenagers with acne face a number of problems like self consciousness, inferiority complex, and even depression. But it’s not all that bad you see. It’s a part of growing up and if you learn you embrace the situation, deal with it tactfully and follow appropriate teenage acne treatment, you can enjoy these blissful years of your life to the fullest.
We know that fluctuating hormones are the major cause of teen acne. Apart from this, there are other triggers of teen acne such as food allergies, improper skin care and nutritional imbalances. You could also be experiencing acne in your teenage years if either of your parents had the same problem.
Teen acne prevention tips:
- Keep your hair clean and make sure it’s not all over your face. This can make acne spread. Wearing hats or bandanas too often should be avoided.
- Keep make-up at the minimum when you have a breakout. Use mineral make-up if you must and make sure all traces of it is removed from your face before you sleep at night. If you don’t remove make-up your pores will get clogged and acne will flare up.
- If you use a concealer for your blemishes use one that contains salicylic acid. This will conceal and disinfect at the same time.
- Wash all your cosmetic applicators or brushes once a week in soapy water. This will get rid of bacteria and other impurities that may get transferred on to your skin if the brushes are not clean.
- After you are done with working-out or after any sports activity have a shower. At least wash your face because perspiration can attract germs and dirt trapping them in your follicles.
- Wash your face with a mild face wash and gently pat your skin dry using a clean towel. Never use force or rub hard.
- Touch your face less often. Never pick or squeeze your zits as they can lead to permanent scarring and intensify your acne as well. Instead, try a hot or cold compress to reduce the inflammation and kill germs.
- Eat healthy food, plenty of fruits, greens, and veggies. Exercise daily and drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day.
You can use an acne treatment lotion or cream at night and in the morning to keep your breakouts under control. There is no cause for worry, what you can do is follow these control and prevention measures along with an acne treatment system that suits you. You could either try homemade acne treatments or use a good over-the-counter product. If your problem is severe or stubborn then you might need to consult a dermatologist.