Acne can be the cause of stress and uninvited concern in one’s life. Facial acne that is prominently visible can be a constant source of stress and anxiety. This plays a major role in making someone self conscious, and dragging his or her self esteem to not so pleasing levels. Hairline or forehead acne is a type of acne that occurs largely on the hairline extending down to the temples. Forehead acne can be in the form of blackheads or whiteheads caused by open pores and excess secretion of sebum and free fatty acids.
Forehead acne can be caused by several factors
- An excessively oily scalp can cause sebum to settle on the forehead and this causes acne.
- Dandruff is a reason why hairline acne occurs.
- Genetic factors contribute largely to acne, not only on the forehead but on other areas of the face too.
- Use of cosmetics that are oil-based or which are composed of harsh chemicals can result in an acne outbreak.
- In women, hormonal changes during menstruation or pregnancy usually cause forehead acne.
- High stress levels, anxiety, or hypertension are related to acne.
- Other reasons could be an imbalanced diet, medications, and infections.
How to treat forehead acne?
One can follow a good acne treatment solution to get rid of the problem. Prescription acne treatment, topical acne treatment, home acne treatment, laser acne treatment, or natural acne treatment can be followed to get rid of forehead acne and prevent its recurrence. Forehead acne generally begins appearing as small spots and pimples. If aggravated, and not treated properly, they can break out into a serious case of acne.
If the case is severe, then one can visit an acne treatment clinic. This should be done if home acne treatments do not work. Home acne treatments begin with preventive measures. Drinking plenty of water helps flush out toxins from the body. This in turn hydrates the skin and the result is outwardly visible. Vitamin A based medications help reduce forehead acne. Retinoids are chemical compounds related to vitamin A. They are largely used in acne topical treatment medication. Ointments which contain retinoids can be used for forehead acne treatments and the results are usually good. Pain, inflammation, soreness, and redness can be reduced by administering steroid medicines. Both topical antibiotics and oral antibiotics can be used as treatment for acne.