The trials and tribulations associated with stubborn acne are many. From social stigma to lack of confidence, acne can play havoc in a person’s life. One of the effective home remedies for acne is exfoliation. Exfoliation is a very important part of skin care and acne prevention regime. The dead skin cells that form a layer on the outer surface of the skin are removed by exfoliation. Apart from over the counter or cosmetic skin exfoliants, you can use natural products that will work well as home remedies to cure acne.
Many types of chemicals are added to commercial products, and this proves detrimental for people with sensitive skin. Natural acne remedies that work can be found in your kitchen easily. These natural home remedies to treat acne can be used to make face scrubs or they can also be used along with commercial acne treatments to enhance the effect.
Natural exfoliants that can help reduce acne
- Sea Salt: Sea salt is an active ingredient in many body washes and scrubs. Dry flaky skin is effectively removed and the skin is cleansed of all impurities. Subsequently, there will be a reduction in the occurrence of acne.
- Grape Seeds: Grape seeds contain vitamins A, C, and E which are extremely beneficial for the skin. The skin is also protected from free radicals due to the antioxidants contained in the seeds.
- Sugar: You can mix sugar granules with apricot or olive oil, and lemon juice to make a powerful exfoliant. Alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) and Glycolic Acid contained in sugar helps remove dead cells and stimulates as well as cleanses the skin. This is one of the quick acne home remedies.
- Citrus Fruits: The citric acid present in fruits like oranges, lemons, grapefruits, limes, and tomatoes can work wonders for your skin. Mixing the citrus juice with honey and using it as a face pack also helps in improving the general texture of your skin.
- Wheat Germ: Wheat germ is high in vitamins B and E as well as in proteins. It soothes and nourishes the skin while exfoliation. People with sensitive skin can try wheat germ scrubs to exfoliate their skin. This is an excellent home remedy for acne treatment.
All these options can be tried out at home and the one that works best for you should be followed regularly. Exfoliation helps reduce acne as it scrubs off the dead cells that clog the follicles and lead to excessive bacteria formation. Once the skin is free from flaky outer layers of dead cells, other treatments can penetrate better and cure acne faster. These natural products work well as easy acne home remedies. However, over exfoliation can worsen the problem. So exfoliate your skin once a week and experience the difference.